Saturday, November 12, 2016

Pew! Ow! Pew! Ow! Pew! Ow!

Swung by the range yesterday afternoon with the Elsie Pea Too and a box of fifty rounds of Armscor .380 FMJ from Lucky Gunner.

Spare mags for the LCP II are still scarce in the retail world, so I bought a regular LCP mag off the shelf at Indy Arms Co. It functions the gun fine, although it does not activate the last round hold-open feature like the LCP II magazine does.

That's seven yards, with two rounds fired at the head zone of the B21E target and the remaining forty-eight at the torso area. It's a mixture of two-handed and strong hand only (SHO) shooting, and at a reasonable pace. The egregious low left and high right holes are examples of how difficult it is to get a consistent grip or trigger finger placement on these little guns for people with grownup-sized hands.

Incidentally, at some point in the session the fingernail of my trigger finger scooped a divot of skin from the base of my weak-hand thumb under recoil. I didn't notice until I was out at the counter to settle up and noticed the bloody patch on my thumb. The little gun jumps a bit and it's hard to find room on it for my paws.

There were no malfunctions of any kind to report. This makes 441 rounds fired since the gun was last cleaned or lubricated with three failures to return to battery (#128, #158, #245). 1,559 rounds to go.